Girl on the Rocks
TLDR Privacy: We collect only the information necessary to fulfill your order. If you opt into our mailing list we will email you and use online direct marketing to advertise our products to you. Your information will not be sold or used for any purpose other than marketing Girl on the Rocks products
Personal Data and why we collect it
The data collected on this site is used to keep items in your cart (through your email address and cookies) and ultimately fulfill your order (name, email, address, shopping preferences). We do not keep your credit card data. This information is kept for a minimum of 7 years for tax purposes. If you create a customer account, this information is kept until you delete your account.
If you submit an inquiry via the contact form, your information (name and email) will be used for customer service purposes, but will not be used for marketing.
Analytics and website visit tracking
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
Google analytics is used to track site visitor counts. E-commerce data such as name, order details, and contact information are NOT transmitted to Google.
Who we share your data with
When you place an order your information is shared to complete the order fulfillment process.
– Payment information: Name, address, email and order details are shared with Paypal or Stripe depending on who you choose to process your payment.
– Shipping information: Name, address, email and order details are shared with ShippingEasy to purchase postage and provide order tracking on your account page
– Mailing List: If you have opted in to our email marketing list, your name, email and order details will be shared with MailChimp to help execute sending of email marketing of our special offers and new products
Your Data Rights
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You can contact our data privacy officer at email@example.com or 400 Derby Ave #10, Oakland CA 94601